Earth Imagery at WorkMOOC
This free, instructor-led massive open online course (MOOC) from Esri is ideal for GIS users who work with imagery, as well as scientists, environmentalists, students and educators.
Location & Date
Six-week online course; two-to-three hours flexible study per week.Start Date: 06/09/2017
End Date: 17/10/2017
Sign up for Earth Imagery at Work and learn how Earth imagery can be applied to your workflows to increase productivity, save money and protect the environment.
The MOOC runs over six weeks, from 6 September – 17 October, and requires an estimated two-to-three hours study per week.
Course content is delivered weekly by Esri specialists, and consists of:
- Hands-on exercises
- Short video lectures
- Class polls and discussions
Supplementary resources are also made available throughout the MOOC.
- Understand that imagery is more than mere pictures – it is information that supports decision-making and helps save time, money and resources
- See how imagery is used to identify landscape features and detect change over time
- Learn how to interpret and analyse imagery, including imagery collected by satellites, LiDAR and drones
- Gain hands-on experience with authentic imagery analysis workflows using the latest GIS technology
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course