Introduction to GIS Using ArcGIS Online
Discover the power of spatial
A fundamental use of geography is to help you interpret your world. Geography determines where you shop, where children attend school, what sports are popular, and what clothes that you wear.
Duration – 2 days (9:00am-5:00pm)
City / Dates
- 20-21 August 2018
- 17-18 September 2018
- 11-12 October 2018
- 1-2 November 2018
- 17-18 December 2018
What is the course about?
In this course, you will learn how geography is combined with data to create a GIS. A GIS can help you make predictions and informed decisions. You will learn about different GIS data types, how geographic data is collected and managed, how to create maps and share them, and how to use analysis to answer geographic questions.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is designed for anyone who needs to publish GIS resources and share content via ArcGIS Online / Portal for ArcGIS. GIS analysts, specialists, data managers and other knowledge workers will benefit.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify appropriate data to support a mapping project.
- Create a map, add data to it, and symbolize map features to support the map's purpose.
- Share data, maps, and other content to an organizational portal.
- Perform spatial analysis to obtain information about map features within an area of interest.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing.