Esri Singapore's Building geodatabases training course for intermediate level using ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced.
Duration – 3 days
City / Dates
- 26-28 February 2018
- 12-14 March 2018
- 18-20 April 2018
- 16-18 May 2018
- 12-14 June 2018
- 16-18 July 2018
What is the course about?
This course teaches you the essential concepts and skills needed to efficiently create a geodatabase, add data to it, and realistically model the real-world spatial relationships inherent to your data. You will learn about unique geodatabase features that help ensure data integrity over time and why the geodatabase is the preferred format for storing and managing geographic data. Course concepts apply to file-based and multiuser ArcSDE geodatabases. This course is taught using ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is designed for GIS analysts, specialists, data technicians, database designers, and others who need to manage and maintain data stored in a geodatabase.
GIS managers and database administrators who need to understand the capabilities of the geodatabase may also benefit.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Access GIS data stored in file-based geodatabases, multiuser geodatabases, and ArcGIS for Server
- Create an appropriate geodatabase structure to organise data for efficient storage, display, and editing
- Add rules and behaviours to ensure the spatial and attribute integrity of geographic data
- Jumpstart into geodatabase design using a template data model
- Create a geodata service to share a geodatabase with desktop, web, and mobile users
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows or equivalent knowledge is required