Migrating to ArcGIS 10.4 for Server
Enable ArcGIS within your infrastructure
This course provides workflows and practical strategies for migrating to ArcGIS 10.4 for Server.
Duration – 2 days
City / Dates
What is the course about?
This course provides an overview of workflows you can follow to successfully migrate version 10.0 ArcGIS for Server systems to version 10.4. ArcGIS 10.4 for Server uses a services architecture based on widely adopted web standards and supports rich functionality, simple installation and administration, and high performance and scalability. You will learn what the architecture changes mean for your existing system and get the information and hands-on experience you need to implement a suitable migration strategy for your organisation.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is designed for experienced administrators of a version 10.0 ArcGIS for Server system who need to install, manage, and support an ArcGIS 10.4 for Server system.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose an appropriate migration pattern based on your resources and organisational needs
- Prepare for migration by documenting and backing up existing GIS web services, applications, map caches, and security configurations
- Install ArcGIS 10.4 for Server, deploy one or more GIS servers, and connect GIS servers to a web server
- Migrate existing caches, services, security configurations, applications, and supporting resources to an ArcGIS 10.4 for Server system
- Apply new workflows to efficiently publish high-performing services
- Implement new features that enhance the end user and administrative experience
Are there any prerequisites?
- Experience configuring and managing a version 10.0 ArcGIS for Server system is required