What is this course about?
ArcGIS Maps for Office gives you the power to ask location-related questions of your data, get new insights, and make smarter decisions.
This course teaches how to create a map directly inside an Excel worksheet, work with the map and map layers to create new information, use analysis and data enrichment tools to discover patterns in your data, answer questions, and support informed decision making and share the results throughout your organization.
This course is for: Microsoft Office users, knowledge workers, GIS professionals, and others who want to map and analyse Excel data.
Safety measures for training courses
While courses in our training facility have resumed, we want to assure you that the wellbeing of our trainees and staff remains Esri Singapore’s highest priority.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, strict safety measures and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health are being adhered to for all training conducted.
All computer equipment and desks are disinfected before class commences and during the lunch break, while seats are placed and marked at least 1-metre apart, in accordance with official Safe Distance Measures.
Masks are mandatory throughout training, and alcohol hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial wet wipes will be available.
Your temperature will be taken before commencement. For your safety, you will be asked to return home and see a doc if your temperature exceeds 37.5deg.
An isolation room has been prepared for trainees to rest in if they are feeling unwell and awaiting transportation.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Online is recommended
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Represent Excel data as map features
- Display and group Excel worksheet data as features on a map
- Modify symbology to tell your map story
- Visualise your data on a map directly inside Microsoft Excel
- Perform analysis to find features in relation to other features
- Insert an interactive web map into a PowerPoint presentation
- Share analysis results to your ArcGIS Online site or in a PowerPoint presentation