What is this course about?
Esri Singapore's intermediate GIS course for experienced users of ArcGIS Desktop, who want to focus on analysis. Suitable for GIS analysts, specialists, and others who manage or conduct GIS analysis projects.
This course teaches a standard workflow you can apply to any GIS analysis. Every analysis begins with a question and has criteria that must be considered. You will learn how the analysis question and criteria drive decisions about what data and tools will generate reliable information. Working with a variety of data and ArcGIS tools, you will perform different types of analysis to efficiently solve spatial problems. This course is taught using ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced and some course exercises use tools provided in the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension.
Visualisation, Editing and Analysis Course
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose appropriate data, methods, and tools to plan, execute, and document a given analysis project
- Automate analysis tasks using geoprocessing models
- Create a weighted suitability model to select the optimal location for a new site
- Apply spatial statistics to examine distribution patterns and identify hot spots
- Model temporal data to analyse and visualise change over time
- Share analysis workflows and results so they are accessible and repeatable