What is this course about?
Publisher Workflows is intended for GIS analysts and others who will share content to an organization’s ArcGIS Online site. You will learn about the types of content you can share and how to author GIS resources to support their planned use.
This course is for: anyone who needs to publish GIS resources to an ArcGIS Online organisational site and anyone whose projects will benefit from content shared via ArcGIS Online. GIS analysts, specialists, data managers and other knowledge workers will benefit.
Server and Web Course
Safety measures for training courses
While courses in our training facility have resumed, we want to assure you that the wellbeing of our trainees and staff remains Esri Singapore’s highest priority.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, strict safety measures and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health are being adhered to for all training conducted.
All computer equipment and desks are disinfected before class commences and during the lunch break, while seats are placed and marked at least 1-metre apart, in accordance with official Safe Distance Measures.
Masks are mandatory throughout training, and alcohol hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial wet wipes will be available.
Your temperature will be taken before commencement. For your safety, you will be asked to return home and see a doc if your temperature exceeds 37.5deg.
An isolation room has been prepared for trainees to rest in if they are feeling unwell and awaiting transportation.
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Find content on ArcGIS Online and assess whether the content meets your project needs
- Add content to a web map, modify the map display, and create filters to focus on features of interest
- Create a map inside Microsoft Excel to analyse spreadsheet data and data added from ArcGIS Online
- Create a PowerPoint slide to share an Excel map
- Determine the type of GIS resource needed to support a given use case
- Efficiently publish services to ArcGIS Online
- Use ArcGIS Online tools to create and configure user-friendly web maps and web applications
- Share services, web maps and web applications to organisational groups, to all organisational users and to the public