What is this course about?
Esri Singapore's advanced GIS training course for experienced users of ArcGIS for Server, who want to focus on managing Portal for ArcGIS. Learn recommended workflows and best practices to install, configure, and deploy Portal for ArcGIS to meet your organisation's need for private, secure geospatial content sharing. This course introduces Portal for ArcGIS components and architecture models that support web GIS workflows, including techniques to ensure portal security and high availability.
This course is for: ArcGIS for Server administrators who need to set up and configure a private organisational portal that provides secure access to geospatial data, maps, and apps.
Server and Web Course
Safety measures for training courses
While courses in our training facility have resumed, we want to assure you that the wellbeing of our trainees and staff remains Esri Singapore’s highest priority.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, strict safety measures and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health are being adhered to for all training conducted.
All computer equipment and desks are disinfected before class commences and during the lunch break, while seats are placed and marked at least 1-metre apart, in accordance with official Safe Distance Measures.
Masks are mandatory throughout training, and alcohol hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial wet wipes will be available.
Your temperature will be taken before commencement. For your safety, you will be asked to return home and see a doc if your temperature exceeds 37.5deg.
An isolation room has been prepared for trainees to rest in if they are feeling unwell and awaiting transportation.
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Install, configure, and license Portal for ArcGIS software
- Create and manage user accounts and configure enterprise authentication
- Create enterprise groups to efficiently organise and manage access to portal content
- Publish ArcGIS services to validate the portal configuration
- Integrate a portal with an ArcGIS Server site to add capabilities and simplify user access and content publishing workflows
- Apply techniques to optimise the performance of your organisation's portal