What is this course about?
This course teaches you how to create attractive maps that are easy to interpret and properly designed for their audience and delivery medium. This course teaches you how to create attractive maps that are easy to interpret and properly designed for your audience and delivery medium, with an emphasis on applying fundamental cartographic design principles. You will learn how to follow a standard cartographic workflow to efficiently produce high-quality maps for print and online use.
This course is suitable for cartographers and GIS analysts, specialists, mapping technicians, and others who need to produce maps using ArcGIS software.
Visualisation, Editing and Analysis Course
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Plan a cartographic project
- Choose appropriate data to support cartographic needs
- Create appropriate symbology, map elements, and layout designs for a given map project
- Create labels and annotation that are easy to read by the map's intended audience
- Produce effective maps for print and web delivery