What is this course about?
Esri Singapore's introductory GIS training course for beginners who are using ArcGIS for Desktop or those who do not have prior GIS education or workplace experience.
This course teaches you what GIS technology is and what you can do with it. Working with various components of the ArcGIS platform, you will create GIS maps, explore and analyse the data behind the maps, and learn easy methods to share your maps and analysis results.
By the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of how GIS, maps and ArcGIS tools are used to visualise real-world features, discover patterns, obtain information and communicate information to others.
Are there any prerequisites?
Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing is required.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Quickly create and share a GIS map using ArcGIS
- Find and organise geographic data and other GIS resources for a simple mapping project
- Accurately display features on a GIS map and access information about them
- Analyse a GIS map to identify where features that meet specific criteria are located
- Share GIS maps and analyse results so they can be viewed on desktop applications, websites, and mobile devices